Dr Dhiraj K Balaji is a Senior Consultant in Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology at Aster CMI Hospital, BangaloreAster CMI Hospital, Bangalore. He is a highly qualified and experienced Surgeon in the field of Pediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology.
With 20 years of experience he has performed more than 2000 various common surgical cases as well as Complex reconstructive cases like Genitoplasty, Bladder Augmentation, Oesophageal replacement, Mitrofanoff procedure. He is an Outstanding Paediatric Surgeon and Paediatric Urologist with exemplary skills.
He acquired Superspecialtiy training in Paediatric Surgery from Indira Gandhi Children Hospital, Bangalore, which is a Premier Children's Hospital in Bangalore. He has done his Masters in General Surgery from Baroda Medical College, M S University which is one of the oldest institutes in the country.
Aster CMI Hospital
Dr Dhiraj K Balaji is a Senior Consultant in Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology at Aster CMI Hospital, BangaloreAster CMI Hospital, Bangalore. He is a highly qualified and experienced Surgeon in the field of Pediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology. With 20 years of experience he has performed more than 2000 various common surgical cases as […]
- MBBS - Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, 1996
- MS - General Surgery - Baroda medical College, 2000
- DNB - Pediatric Surgery - Karnataka University, India, 2002
- 26 Years
- 2010 - 2015 Head and Associate Professor of Paediatric Surgery at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences
- Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Manipal Hospital Jayanagar
- 2008 - 2010 Associate Consultant in Paediatric Surgery at Manipal Hospital
- 2008 - 2008 Registrar in Paediatric surgery at Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health
- 2005 - 2008 Diplomate of Nat Board (Paediatric Surgery) Trainee at Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health
- Pediatric Surgeon & Neonatology
Areas of Expertise
- General Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Urology
- Special interest in Hypospadias repair
- Congenital anomalies of Kidney ureter, Bladder
- Reconstructive Urology - Extropy repair , Bladder Augmentation, Feminizing genitoplasty etc.
- Neonatal Surgery
- Paediatric Thoracic Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Laproscopy - Appendicectomy, Orchidopexy etc
- Thoracoscopy ,Empyema, Lung Cyst , Lobectomy etc
- Endo Urology - P U Valves, Ureteroceles etc
- Paediatric Rigid Bronchoscopy with foreign Body Removal
- Paediatric Hepato Biliary - Pancreatic conditions
Awards & Recognitions
- Secured All India Gold Medal in Paediatric Surgery (National Board of Examination) for the year 2007 -2008
- Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Bangalore Surgical Association