Dr. Divakar Bhat is among the nation's renowned Cardiovascular and Vascular surgeons. Possessing rich experience in the field, Dr. Bhat is an enthusiastic doctor who has made a mark for himself in the field. Highly skilled in his field, Dr. Bhat is an excellent team player and a perfect leader when it comes to heading the department.
Dr. Divakar Bhat earned his degree of M.Ch (CTVS) in the year 2001 from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education, Chandigarh, India. He also secured an M.S (General Surgery) degree from Government Medical College, Mysore, India between the years 1993 and 1996. He did his MBBS from the Karnataka Medical College, Hubli, India. The best aspect of his education journey has been that he passed all his examinations on the first attempt only. He also pursued his fellowship in CTVS and Transplant Surgery for two years at St Vincent Hospital, Sydney.
Dr. Divakar Bhat is among the nation’s renowned Cardiovascular and Vascular surgeons. Possessing rich experience in the field, Dr. Bhat is an enthusiastic doctor who has made a mark for himself in the field. Highly skilled in his field, Dr. Bhat is an excellent team player and a perfect leader when it comes to heading […]
- MBBS - Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, (KIMS), 1990
- MS - General Surgery - Government medical college,Mysore, 1996
- MCh - Cardio Thoracic Surgery - POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, 2000
- 32 Years
- 1990 - 1991 One year compulsory rotatory internship at KMC Hospital, Hubli
- 1992 - 1993 Asst Lecturer in Patholog at Pravara Medical College, Loni
- 1993 - 1996 Trained in General surgery operations at K R Hospital Mysore
- 1996 - 1997 Senior resident in Oncosurgery at Batra Hospital
- 1998 - 2001 Senior Resident in Cardiothoracic Surgery at PGIMER
- Cardiac Surgeon
Areas of Expertise
- He specialises in adult cardiac surgery.
- He has an interest in congenital, vascular, and thoracic surgeries.
- He also has a special interest in heart transplantation as well as Total artificial heart.
- Beating Heart CABG
- Heart valve replacement/ repair
- Paediatric heart operations
Awards & Recognitions
- He earned a national merit scholarship during his higher secondary classes, X, XII, and even during his MBBS course.
- He also received diverse Merit scholarships during his MBBS course from various prestigious charitable trusts.
- He also received NCCI Travelling fellowship in 1999.
- He also got a chance to visit "Madras Medical Mission - Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences", Chennai, India.
- Life member of the Indian Association of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS), LM 20521
- Life member of the Karnataka Association of Cardiothoracic surgeons (KACTS)
- Associate Member of Cardiology Society of India, Bangalore chapter
- Medical advisory board member TSS hospital Sirsi
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India (PCSI)( L-485)
Training & Certifications
- Fellow in Pediatric Neurological Surgery - University of Colorado, 2019
- Fellowship in Neurosurgery Stereotactic and Functional - University of Colorado, 2020
- Comprehensive Adult and Pediatric Spinal Deformity - Mayo Clinic, 2021