Dr. Keni Ravish Rajiv is a Consultant Neurologist and Epileptologist in the Department of Neurosciences at Aster Hospitals, Bangalore. He has vast experience in treating various complex and difficult to manage patients with epilepsy. He is an expert in the field of epilepsy and is one of the few certified epileptologists in India.
He completed his MBBS from Goa Medical College in 2007 and MD in General Medicine from PESIMSR, Kuppam in 2013. Subsequently, he underwent Super-specialty training in Neurology at the prestigious Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from 2015-2017. After successfully completing his DM Neurology course, he underwent a one-year Epilepsy Fellowship in the prestigious R. Madhavan Nair Center for Comprehensive Epilepsy Care of the same institute in 2018.
Experience in Epileptology:
He has experience of reporting more than 1000 video EEGs and more than 150 intra-operative electrocorticography. He is well-versed in treating both adult and pediatric complex epilepsy cases. After the completion of his Epilepsy Fellowship, he joined Narayana Medical College, Nellore as the in-charge epileptologist and was instrumental in setting up the Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Center (first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh). Under his guidance epilepsy surgery was successfully carried out for 27 patients within a short span of 1 year. He has a special interest in the management of Epilepsy in Women and management of status epilepticus and also has several publications on these topics.
Dr. Keni Ravish Rajiv is a Consultant Neurologist and Epileptologist in the Department of Neurosciences at Aster Hospitals, Bangalore. He has vast experience in treating various complex and difficult to manage patients with epilepsy. He is an expert in the field of epilepsy and is one of the few certified epileptologists in India. Educational Qualifications: He […]
- MBBS - Goa Medical College, Bambolim, 2008
- MD - General Medicine - P.E.S. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, 2013
- DM - Neurology - Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum, 2017
- 14 Years
Areas of Expertise
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (Epilepsy)
- Vascular Surgery
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Shunt
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt
- Brain Mapping
- Epilepsy surgery
- Refractory Epilepsy
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Spinal Tap
- Video EEG
- Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA)
- Paediatric Epilepsy
- Brain Aneursym Surgery
Awards & Recognitions
- Apart from being an astute clinician, he is an eminent academician. Looking at his academic performances he is regarded as one the most promising Neurologist and Epileptologist.
- He was the South-Zone winner for Torrent Neurology Young Scholar Award in 2017.
- He has several research publications pertaining to Epilepsy in renowned international journals to his credit.
- In recognition of his research work, he was granted the prestigious International Scholarship Award 2019, by the American Academy of Neurology.
- Apart from authorship, he has the privilege of being selected as a reviewer for several Neurology and Epilepsy indexed journals such as (Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, Neurology India, Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, Journal of Neurology in Rural Practice, BMJ Case Reports).
- He was invited as a faculty for teaching EEG analysis for budding neurologists during the Indian Epilepsy School in 2018 and A-Z of EEG workshop organized by Karnataka Neurosciences Academy in 2020.
- Associate member of American Academic of Neurology
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Indian Epilepsy Society
- Publications: 20 journal articles and 7 book chapters.