Dr Vikram Maiya is a highly acclaimed Radiation Oncologist working at the best oncology hospital in Bangalore - Aster CMI.
He completed his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, followed by DMRT and MD from the prestigious Christian Medical College, Vellore. He was working as a radiation oncologist at Ruby Hall, Pune, during which time he underwent special training in Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Radiosurgery at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Vikram Maiya also underwent special training in image-guided radiotherapy on Tomotherapy at the University of Wisconsin. With his expert training, he has the honour of starting the first IGRT program in India in 2006.
His areas of specialization include Conventional RT, 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SRT AND SBRT, in short, all the latest advances in radiation therapy. He has a special interest in functional Radiosurgery and treatment of non-malignant conditions using SRS.
He is trained in pain & palliative care management at CMC Vellore. He is an expert in stereotactic radiosurgery (srs) and stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SABR). He has multiple international and national papers to his credit. He is the present secretary of the association of radiation oncologists, (AROI), Karnataka chapter.
Aster CMI Hospital
Dr Vikram Maiya is a highly acclaimed Radiation Oncologist working at the best oncology hospital in Bangalore – Aster CMI. He completed his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, followed by DMRT and MD from the prestigious Christian Medical College, Vellore. He was working as a radiation oncologist at Ruby Hall, Pune, during which time he […]
- MBBS - Karnataka University, India, 2001
- Diploma in Medical Radiology - The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU), 2004
- MD - Radiotherapy - The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU), 2006
- Radiation Oncologist
Areas of Expertise
- External Beam Radiotherapy
- 3DCRT (Three Dimensional Conformal
- Radiotherapy) / FORWARD IMRT
- Intensity Modulated Radio Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radio Therapy (IGRT)
- RA/VMAT (Volumetric Modulated Arch therapy)
- SR (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- RT (Stereotactic Radiotherapy)
- BRT (Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy)
- SABR (Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy)
- DIBH (Deep Inspiration Breath Hold)
- Radiotherapy 4D Gated Radiotherapy Electron Beam
- Radiotherapy Brachytherapy (Outsourced)
- TBI (Total Body Irradiation)
- TSET (Total Skin Electron therapy)
Awards & Recognitions
- Received the best paper award at national AROI
- 2005 Special training in Pain and Palliative care from CMC
- Vellore First in India to start the IGRT program in 2006-2007 Numerous oral and poster presentations in various national and international conferences Numerous publications in various national and international journals DNB teacher and guide for radiation oncology students Author of chapters in gynaecological oncology textbook and Handbook of Palliative care Secretary of Karnataka chapter of Association Of Radiation Oncologist Of India (AROI) Executive committee member of Bangalore Oncology Group (BOG) Member of education committee of American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncologists (ASTRO)