Touching new heights of excellence in healthcare delivery in the east
Medica Hospitals, one of the most reputed and leading healthcare chains in eastern India today, has built and managed a number of multispecialty and superspecialty healthcare facilities across the region over the past few years.
Beginning its journey with Medica North Bengal Clinic (MNBC) in Siliguri in 2008, the Group launched its flagship Hospital – MedicaSuperspecialty Hospital (MSH) – in Kolkata in 2010. Soon after Medica Cancer Hospital in Rangapani, Siliguri, fulfilled the dire need of a comprehensive cancer facility in North Bengal, and the trust hospital R.C. Agarwal Memorial run by Medica in Tinsukia brought quality multispecialty healthcare to Assam.
Medica tied-up with the Jain Samaj for BhagwanMahavirMedicaSuperspecialty Hospital, a new venture in Ranchi. Tata Steel Medica Hospital in Kalinganagar, Odisha, began operations in 2015. In 2017 Medica stepped into Bihar with a specialized heart care unit, Medica Heart Institute, Patna, providing comprehensive heart care services in the region.
Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata
The 400+ bed Kolkata Hospital, located in Mukundapur, off EM Bypass, is today one of the most respected and trusted healthcare providers in Eastern India. Filling a huge lacuna in tertiary healthcare in the east, Medica has kept its promise of delivering quality healthcare using ethical practices in a transparent set up. The hospital has revolutionised healthcare delivery in the region through not just technological advancements and innovative treatment techniques, but also in the area of patient care.
Medica has eight Centres of Excellence – Neurological Diseases, Cardiac Sciences, Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Kidney Diseases, Critical Care, ENT and Breast Diseases – headed by renowned specialists and surgeons, with comprehensive treatment facilities.
The other clinical departments at MSH include, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Endocrinology & Diabetes, Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Psychiatry & Psychology and Physical Therapy & Rehab services for post-surgery and medical management of patients along with specialised services in sports injury management and counselling. The Hospital houses one of the largest and most advanced Critical Care Units in the region with the most modern facilities for dedicated and life-saving care for medical and post-surgical patients.
The state-of-the-art dialysis wing of the hospital is equipped with the latest haemodialysis facilities with ultrapure water and round-the-clock specialist support. In-house comprehensive diagnosis services at the hospital include NABL accredited Lab (including molecular lab) and international standard imaging services. Medica Emergency services has 24×7 consultant coverage, ACLS ambulance facility for transport of critical patients and is equipped to handle all kinds of emergencies including Heart Attack, Stroke and Trauma.
With a highly competent team comprising skilled and experienced Doctors, seasoned administrators, highly trained nurses and health care technicians, superior patient care at Medica is a way of life. It is our endeavour, always, to not just treat the disease, but to provide an experience that heals.
Committed to bring the best in healthcare.
We deliver excellent clinical outcome with superior patient care in a transparent manner within a safe environment.
- Cardiac Sciences
- Neurological Diseases
- Kidney Diseases
- Orthopaedic Sciences
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Critical Care
- ENT Institute
- Cardiac Radiology
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Liver Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Paediatrics & Neonatology
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Psychiatry & Psychology
- Respiratory Medicine
- Paediatric & Congenital Heart Disease
- 700K+ Patients Treated
Awards & Recognitions
- Medica Institute of Critical Care (MICC) won the Times Business Award for ‘Best Critical Care Hospital’. The grand event was celebrated at ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata on the 26th of April 2022.
- Medica awarded with “Green Operation Theatre Certificate” by Bureau Veritas Certification (India) Private Ltd.
- 'Healthcare CSR of the Year 2017' award by Healthcare Summit and Awards
- Medica awarded as the “Best Dialysis Service Provider” by National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare
- ‘KARMA’ a joint initiative of Medica and Kolkata Police was awarded the” SAFETY AWARD” by MERCEDES in their pursuit of” SAFE ROADS” CSR initiative in India.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)