Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is committed to provide world class healthcare, teaching, training and research by a team of highly qualified doctors, dedicated nurses, para-medical and non-medical staff with the help of state-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic services in a comfortable, caring and safe environment at an affordable cost to all sections of society including free treatment to the economically weaker section as per vision of the founder.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a 675-bed multi-speciality state-of-the-art Hospital in India. It provides comprehensive Healthcare India services and has acquired the status of a premier medical institution. It is the only hospital in the private sector that has maintained nearly 100% bed occupancy due to its reputation of providing the highest level of medical services to patients from Delhi and neighbouring states.
The hospital was founded initially in 1921 at Lahore by Sir Ganga Ram (1851-1927), a civil engineer and leading philanthropist of his times. After the partition in 1947, the present hospital was established in New Delhi on a plot of land approximately11 acres. The foundation was laid in April 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru and inaugurated by him on 13 April 1954.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in India continues to maintain its charitable character in accordance with to the wishes of its founder. Funds generated from the hospital services are partially utilised for providing free health care to the poor and needy patients. All development activities of the hospital are financed from internal resources, with no financial assistance provided by the government or other external agencies.
The hospital is governed by a Board of Management comprising medical consultants of eminence, some with an international standing. The Board of Management operates under the overall guidance of the Sir Ganga Ram Trust Society.
The Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is committed to make available 20% beds of total strength for admission of indigenous and financially weaker section of the society. On these beds all facilities boarding, lodging, investigations, medicine and operative procedures are free.
In addition to that we are running regular OPDs for all disciplines where patients are seen free of charge. 40% of all the investigations is the OPD patients are free of charge. These facilities are provided strictly on a first come, first serve.
- Alternative Medicine
- Blood Transfusion Medicine
- Cardiac Anaesthesia
- Cardiac Surgery
- Chest Medicine
- Clinical Haematology
- CT Scan & MRI
- Dental Surgery
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Family Medicine
- Fetal Medicine
- GRIPMER (The Ganga Ram Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education & Research)
- Haematology and Clinical Pathology
- Institute of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
- Institute of Critical Care Medicine
- Institute Of Liver Gastroenterology & Pancreatico Biliary Sciences
- Institute of Medical Genetics & Genomics
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Interventional Radiology
- IVF & Human Reproduction
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Laparoscopic, Laser & General Surgery
- Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery Centre
- Nuclear Medicine & Bone Densitometry
- Nutrition And Dietetics
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Paediatric Cardiac Sciences
- Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Preventive Health and Wellness
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Renal Transplantation
- Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology
- Robotic Surgery
- Sleep Medicine
- Spinal Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology & Liver Transplantation
- Surgical Oncology
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Why Choose Us?
- 350+ Doctors
- Countless Awards Won
- 675 Total Bed
Awards & Recognitions
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital's biggest achievement lies in happiness of its patients. Healthy and satisfied people walking out of the hospital, is a very satisfying sight for our extremely talented and highly qualified medical experts. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital has also achieved success in terms of academics and research as:
- First whole-body CT Scan unit in Delhi: installed at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
- Department of ENT : Largest Otorhinolaryngology Centre offering all latest and advanced procedures and surgeries, equipped with state of art VOICE and SWALLOWING centre one of the pioneers in this field in the country.
- Department of Nephrology & Renal Transplantation: Leading centre in the country with an active dialysis programme. Pioneers in CAPD programme in India. Major renal transplantation centre with over 650 live related transplants in 10 years.
- Department of Vascular Surgery: First dedicated vascular surgery india unit in North / Central India with a large no. of arterial bypass and endarterectomy procedures.
- Department of Gastroenterology : Leading centre performing wide array of endoscopic procedures.
- Department of Minimal Access Surgery : First such dedicated unit in all of South Asia. One of the surgeons holds the international distinction of the largest no. of endoscopic surgical procedures done by the single individual.
- Department of Urology : First such unit in the private sector. Started endo - urology in 1975. Were the first unit performing urodynamic studies in North India. Extensive experience in percutaneous treatment of renal stones.
- Department of Orthopaedics Surgery : It has the distinction of having the first bone bank in India.
- Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Surgery : First department in the private sector to develop paediatric sub-specialty services. The neonatology unit is the busiest in the private sector.
- Department of Surgical Gastroenterology : India First unit of it's kind in the private sector. Performing complex surgical procedures on the pancreas liver and GI tract.
- Department of Ophthalmology : Pioneers in phacoemulsification technique under topical anesthesia.
- In Vitro Fertilization Unit : Established in 1991, this unit has the highest success rates in the country with pregnancy rates of 25%.
- Department of Homoeopathy : Furthering the concept of holistic medicine, SGRH started the department which is the first of it's kind in a multi- specialty private hospital.
- Department of Academics : In order to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field of medicine, and to impart the latest information to students and consultants, SGRH created the department to raise the standards of training , patient care and research. This is the first of its kind in a private hospital in North India.
- Department of Genetics : It is the leading unit in the country performing genetic studies and providing counseling.
- Department of Cardiac Surgery : Dharam Vira Heart Centre has one of the highest incidence of Off Pump Surgeries in the country at 96.2% of total coronary artery bypass surgeries, including total arterial revasularisation, sequential arterial grafting and "Y" and "T" grafts.